Transportation Safety and Efficiency Features
• Child checkmate system
• Digital recording systems with multiple cameras
• On-Spot snow chains
• Strobe lights on the top of buses, two roof hatches
• Two stop signs on the left side of the bus which activate when the red lights are on
• White roofs help to make buses cooler and more visible in fog situations
• Transfinder routing system uses County’s 911 address system and ensures the most cost effective school bus routes
TCPS is committed to providing tasty, nutritious meals at an affordable price. We offer a wide variety of healthy choices that teach kids how to develop healthy, lifetime eating habits. Convenient secure online payment for school meals is available anywhere, anytime from your computer or smartphone. Payments and student purchase history can be viewed and tracked by parents.
A school nurse and health technician is available during school hours if students are ill, injured or have other health-related issues. In addition to these services, with completion of a parental consent form for treatment, a nurse practitioner is available in the Wellness Center to provide healthcare and education. A follow-up report is sent to the child’s primary care physician and parents are informed when the child is treated.
• Nationally recognized suicide prevention program.
• Olweus Bullying Prevention Program
• School Counseling Program
Facilities and Maintenance
TCPS is committed to our facilities because we understand the role that maintenance plays in helping to create a positive environment for student achievement. Staff maintains 10 buildings that total 723,725 square feet, and has a history of state awarded superior maintenance ratings for all school buildings.