Talbot County educators are devoted to preparing all students today for whatever challenges they will face tomorrow. It is this tradition of forward thinking and equity that is at the root our mission - we leverage innovation, compassion and inspiration to empower students to realize their full potential.
Advanced Placement Courses
- All Advanced Placement courses and instructors have been audited and approved under stringent standards by the College Board.
- 244 of 609 (35%) of juniors and seniors are enrolled in at least 1 AP course
- 27% of district's seniors scored 3 or higher on at least one AP Exam at any point during high school (The National average is 22%)
- More than 53% of AP test takers achieve qualifying scores but unlike most other school systems, Talbot has open enrollment and all students take the exam
- Students may take college courses once they turn 16 years old at Chesapeake College or at either of the two high schools.
- Regular rotation of college courses offered at our campuses
- Students can earn high school and college credit simultaneously
- At least 4 courses each year are available on our campuses to juniors & seniors
Class of 2014
- Class of 2014 earned $9,307,737 in scholarships
- Graduation rate of 91.2% (5% above State average)
- 83% attended a two or four year college, 6% entered military, 11% entered the work force
- 9 NJROTC students entered the military, one received a scholarship valued at $200,000
- 94 students met the requirements for earning college credits because of their work in Culinary Arts, Automotive Technology, Pre-Engineering, Biomedical Sciences, Teacher Academy of Maryland, Business Management and Interactive Media Production
Career & Technology
- Award winning programs and staff
- 5 programs are nationally certified, which allow graduates to receive credits toward technical schools
- Every student has access to Technology Education as part of our dedication to College and Career Readiness.
- In the Automotive Technology Center, Carpentry Program shop, and Culinary Arts kitchen, students experience on-the-job training in state-of-the-industry environments.
TCPS invites you to visit our schools, meet our teachers and tour our classrooms.